David opened his eyes and smiled weakly.
From his youth, his most important passion was sport. At sixteen, he played for the youth national football team of the city. One year later, the city played in the youth team.
- Come on, sister. He himself now catches your breath. - Sam seriously put my hand on his knee motto. - And not in these situations had to happen.
- Oh, it's all because of me, stupid! - They approached a woman with her head uncovered, tightly embracing the weeping girl. - I was so scared. All have been down, but it's not. Call - no answer. I did not know what to think. Forgive me too, please ...
- Nothing. It's okay. Well you raised the alarm ...
- Thank you very much!
- Go to the house, catch cold.
Left alone, they are a little more silent. The crowd thinned out considerably in the street. One after another, covered the windows in the building.
- Well, David, we live on ... - Sam again slapped his knee. And that, by suppressing wheezing throat, finished the sentence, for they have long since become something of a peculiar ritual:
- ... And if possible - good!
- Come back in part - be sure to call. - Sam got up and walked to his car.
Only when the fire truck went by brightly lit avenue, the deputy chief of fire it is familiar with what incomparable sense of ease and satisfaction, mixed with fatigue. It always comes after a successful execution of hard work. After his knowledge, experience and character holding regular, sometimes mixed with risk for life exam. He never sought the definition of that feeling. And its name is probably a very simple and mundane - a sense of accomplishment. By silence reigned in the car, he realized that his men have now the same as him.
Before my eyes stood a woman with disheveled hair, the weeping daughter. And the new warm wave has spread in the breast: not too often he, the employee fire, heard in his address our sincere gratitude ...
David was not going to be a fireman.